Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Office Progress

Over the weekend the husband and I decided to tackle the office.  We began by painting the room.  We went with Gentle Rain by Behr.  Its a soft gray, almost looks blue in some lights.  We didn't care too much about the carpet as we were going to rip it out afterwards, so we didn't put any drop cloths down to protect it. 
(Sorry about the cell phone pictures, my 50 mm lens is stuck on my camera so I cant switch out lenses at the moment. So if anyone knows how to remove a stuck lens, please let me know!)

After the paint started to dry we started to rip out the gross carpet.... 

 
....and look what we found!!!!
 
These babies are in AMAZING shape.
 
 


 
 
I went out and bought some curtains for the room, and I am having a hard time deciding if I really like them.  I already know they are too short, so I have been thinking about buying one more panel and lengthening them by sewing in a piece to each side.  Then I could used the extra fabric for pillows or some other DIY project.  I also have to put them higher and wider then they are now.  Then I think I might like the look a little better!!
 
 
 
Next up for this room....
  • New Desk
  • Art/decor
  • Area rug
  • New door
  • Paint Closet doors
  • New Shelf/storage
 
 
 
What do you think?  Have any of you done any work to your home office's lately, or any room in the house for that matter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. I would love to hear what you think, and what you want to see more of on here!!!