Thursday, September 12, 2013

DIY Lengthened Curtains

A few weeks ago I added a link to the wonderful Wife in progress blog  for her "Show off Thursday's" link party.  I linked my 1 year later transformation of our living room, and come to find out it was actually the most viewed link-up on her site that month.  Yay me!! 

If you haven't checked out Jenna's blog yet you really should.  Her kitchen update is AMAZING.  It is truly an inspiration for my kitchen.  Ohhh someday, hopefully this winter I can finallllly tackle that project!


I did get around to lengthening my curtains for the office.  I learned that I have a love hate relationship for my sewing machine though, those things are so tricky. 

 
...and of course here is a before and after of them short to long....
 
(the colors are off as I took the pictures at different times of the day)
 It was really a simple process.  All I did was purchase an extra curtain panel.  Then cut about 4 inches worth off the bottom and top of the new panel and sewed them right to the bottoms of the 2 panels I already had. 
 
I think they look much better and I cant wait to finally get a desk and some art up on the walls. 
 
 
Next weekend is our 1 year wedding anniversary and all I asked the hubby for was a trip to IKEA!!!  So with that said we are hitting up ikea in Canada (closest one to us) on Saturday and I CAN NOT WAIT.  I have a list ready to go with all the goodies I want to buy!
 
 
 
Any one else out there ever have to lengthen your curtains?  How about sewing, any one else have an argument with their sewing machines?
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. I would love to hear what you think, and what you want to see more of on here!!!