Thursday, June 20, 2013

DIY Chevron Canvas Painting

Last fall I decided to jump on the chevron trend.  After seeing lots of pins on Pinterest of chevron canvases I thought I would give it a try.

I found the canvas on sale for $7 at my local Jo-Ann's and I was able to use some left over paint we had around the house. 

To start I just took a ruler and pencil to make some clean straight lines while drawing/measuring out the zig-zag effect.  Then I used some masking tape (we were out of frog tape at the time, it worked great though) to cover up the areas that would remain white.  

 
After the it was all taped up I began to paint in the exposed areas until it was covered. 

Once I was done with painting I began to peel the tape off as I didn't want it to start bleeding onto the white areas underneath.
 
I also went through with a small sponge brush with some white paint to cover up the pencil marks as they were still visible. 
 

What do you think?  Have any of you made your own chevron canvas paintings?  How did you do yours?  Stencil? ruler/pencil?


Linked to Wife in Progress

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. I would love to hear what you think, and what you want to see more of on here!!!