Monday, August 5, 2013

Bungee Cord Curtain Rod

Hola!  It has been a while since I have posted and I am sorry for that.  I still don't have much to post about yet as life has been very busy!  I do however have a quick/cheap little "fix" to a annoying problem that my husband and I have encountered.
THIS.  
We have been living with our curtains and sheers on the same rod for quite some time now.  It not only looks bad but it is a pain in the butt to have to open the curtains on a daily basis with the two of them on the same rod.  

I discovered on Pinterest that you can use a bungee cord to hang the sheers behind the curtains, so I went out and bought some bungee cords 

Took the sheers and strung them onto the bungee, then hooked them behind the curtains on the brackets that hold the rod onto the wall.




It may not be perfect but it was cheap and easy.  It makes opening the curtains much easier too.

Anyone else have this issue?  


3 comments:

  1. Pinterest is a fantastic place for ideas and tips, I'm addicted to it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the pictures! Could you tell me what length bungee cord to buy? And what if the bungee cord doesn't come with the hooks on the end? In addition, will the bungee cord cause the curtain rod brackets to warp over time from the tension in the rope? Sorry for all the questions :/ Thank you so much for your time and help! I really appreciate it~

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. I would love to hear what you think, and what you want to see more of on here!!!